Saturday, November 7, 2009

On Weddings, and the life thereafter

-->I wrote this earlier today then lost my connection and was not able to post
*****************************************************
WOW! I don't blog enough! Three months since my last update. I am married now as of 16 days ago and loving every minute of it. My wedding was PERFECT and made so by all the people I love who were there supporting me every step of the way.

It's strange, the feeling of comfort, sustainability and consistency. A good kind of strange. I know I am being taken care of, and that he is always going to be there no matter what we go through. He is a righteous Godly man who loves me and loves his God. Everything he does he thinks of me before he does it. I am important to him, AND I LOVE IT!! I cook and clean and make the home comfortable for him, AND I LOVE THAT TOO!! In just two weeks and a couple days I have learned more about him AND more about myself than I ever knew. It's Amazing!

I am going to attend a wedding of a friend from school today. I used to go to weddings feeling anxious and a tiny twinge of jealousy. I wanted to be the one in that white dress making a promise for forever. I was always excited for my friends getting married, but my thoughts wandered off to the future. My mind was on my who when and where. Even when I finally discovered the who the when was always haunting me. I wanted to be his wife so badly, but I knew I had to be patient and wait for the right time...for Gods time!

Now that I have said my vows and began my life with my amazing husband I am going to this wedding 100% joyful and praising God for his goodness. I am so excited for my friend as it will be her turn to wear the white dress and make a forever promise. I am not distracted by feelings of jealousy but rather I am thinking about all the emotions rushing through her head right now. About the adjustment she will be going through (as I am still going through it). About the awkward next couple of days which will be spent learning each others living habits. About how HAPPY they are and are going to be despite what life throws them. I know I am no pro when it comes to married life...Not even close...We're practically still honeymooning. But its a wonder to see this from a different perspective, from this side of the veil, from (barely) experienced eyes. All my best to her and her very soon-to-be husband. I wish them all the best and as much joy, blessings, love happiness as I would wish for my own young marriage
*************EDIT****************
It was absolutely beautiful and I am so happy for her. I know that she and her husband are going to be so happy and with the support they have behind them in the form of their family and close friends and more importantly their faith in their Savior Jesus Christ as the foundation, they are going to be forever in each other arms and in the deepest kind of love only The True God can give.

2 comments:

Corinne McFee said...

You were a beautiful bride Amanda! How have you both been doing these past few months? How have you grown?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both, Jonathan and Amanda. From your distant cousins in Corning, California, the Davies and Huffs